[Users] guest agent

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Wed Dec 12 20:46:51 UTC 2012

That was me, I think.

Where I work also has a partnership with RedHat so we have the RHEL agent
tools. I was planning to do a compile of the ovirt-released guest agent
tools but have not had the time so I fudged and used RedHat's :-)

The only difference is the RHEL version seems to also have a qxl (?) video
driver (carry-over from older rhev-manager I think). The rest is
python-based tools. There's a way to do a binary-only executable from the
python script that is the agent (multiple bits - agent (talks to OS and
virtIOserial), spice (talks to spice and OS) and spice-agent (talks through
agent to window manager, etc)) but I haven't had the time to work out the
build issues yet.

As of now, there's not an "official" ovirt-guest-agent package that I know
of either.

On Wed, Dec 12, 2012 at 1:39 PM, Jonathan Horne <jhorne at skopos.us> wrote:

>   i saw in another thread about ovirt-guest-agent, but this is the first
> i have seen of anything about this.  i would like to know more, but yum
> info ovirt-guest-agent doesn't feed me anything.  i see a qemu-guest-agent,
> is that the same thing and does it need to be installed on all my VMs?
>
>  thanks,
> jonathan
>
> ------------------------------
> delivery. NOTE: Regardless of content, this e-mail shall not operate to
> bind SKOPOS to any order or other contract unless pursuant to explicit
> written agreement or government initiative expressly permitting the use of
> e-mail for such purpose.

James P. Kinney III
*
It won't fatten the dog.