[Users] Missing CPU features [CPU Name] [Wrong cpu identification]

Pere G. Soria pjgarcia at onda.es
Thu Dec 13 12:14:34 UTC 2012

I added Host[gondor] to the oVirt Engine 3.1, after installing  all
packages.
Host gondor moved to Non-Operational state as host does not meet the
cluster's minimum CPU level. Missing CPU features : model_Nehalem

This Box is a Intel(R) Xeon(TM) CPU 3.00GHz  - Intel Nehalem Family -
so I modified/added the caps.py (/usr/share/vdsm).
Line 107-->   def _getCompatibleCpuModels():
               return ["model_Nehalem"] (this is what i added).

Now after restart de service the Host status remains UP.

Can you report it?? To fix this.

Thanks.
Pere Soria
pere at onda.es