[Users] General: Edit Policy

Jonathan Horne jhorne at skopos.us
Thu Dec 13 15:18:32 UTC 2012

today i just saw for the first time Clusters – General: Edit Policy button.  i changed it from nothing to balanced.  googling, it seems that this is for CPU load amongst the hosts to balance the CPU load of VMs.  the reason I'm asking is, my test environment is 3 hosts, and 2 of them are leveled up to above 75% memory usage (both of them complaining on the events console), and nothing migrating to the 3rd node which currently has 0 VMs.

do i have something incorrectly configured? i was under the assumption that migrations would happen automatically when host resourced were nearing max (i assumed this was either CPU or memory)?  on my cluster, i checked the setting for memory optimization for servers.

is there anything else?  am i not properly understanding the migration theory?  my "guide" link in the upper right does not hyperlink to any docs, so I'm left to google and i have not found much so far.

thanks for any advice,
jonathan

This is a PRIVATE message. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete without copying and kindly advise us by e-mail of the mistake in delivery. NOTE: Regardless of content, this e-mail shall not operate to bind SKOPOS to any order or other contract unless pursuant to explicit written agreement or government initiative expressly permitting the use of e-mail for such purpose.