[Users] guest agent

Vinzenz Feenstra vfeenstr at redhat.com
Thu Dec 13 19:06:37 UTC 2012

hi,

I am currently in the process of preparing the ovirt-guest-agent for F17
package review, so it can be included in the distribution.
In the meantime you can use the repository as mentioned by Jason.

The qemu-guest-agent is not the same thing. The qemu guest agent comes
with just a little of the features the ovirt-guest-agent currently
provides, even though they are duplicating features, such as hibernation
(S3,S4) support and things like shutdown initiated by the OS through the
respective guest agent.

The ovirt-guest-agent is providing also additional information to the
web admin portal, such as current IP, logged in user, memory consumption
etc.
Also it provides the ability to implement a feature called 'Single Sign
On' so that you can enter your user/password combination only once in
the user portal login and once you have opened the guest os spice
session you get automatically logged in to the guest system.

HTH,

On 12/12/2012 07:39 PM, Jonathan Horne wrote:
> i saw in another thread about ovirt-guest-agent, but this is the first
> i have seen of anything about this.  i would like to know more, but
> yum info ovirt-guest-agent doesn't feed me anything.  i see a
> qemu-guest-agent, is that the same thing and does it need to be
> installed on all my VMs?
>
> thanks,
> jonathan

> This is a PRIVATE message. If you are not the intended recipient,
> please delete without copying and kindly advise us by e-mail of the
> mistake in delivery. NOTE: Regardless of content, this e-mail shall
> not operate to bind SKOPOS to any order or other contract unless
> pursuant to explicit written agreement or government initiative
> expressly permitting the use of e-mail for such purpose.

Regards,

Vinzenz Feenstra | Senior Software Engineer
RedHat Engineering Virtualization R & D
Phone: +420 532 294 625
IRC: vfeenstr or evilissimo

See how it works at redhat.com