[Users] vnic : add a custom properties and use it in vdsm_hook

Dan Kenigsberg danken at redhat.com
Fri Dec 14 12:32:20 UTC 2012

On Thu, Dec 06, 2012 at 09:32:03AM +0100, Benoit ML wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Thanks for your answer. Well i've the same feeling : it would be great
> but need some works to have a per device custom properties : database
> schema upgrade, code interfaces modifications, ... and I'm not a java
> dev.

Neither do I... But if we get an agreement about the api we can start
working, at least in the vdsm side.

While we deliberate, please note that we now have a new veb that is
capable of changing VM connectivity (updateDevice) which does not have
any hookpoint at all. I think that hook users would be interested to be
notified when a nic is connected/disconnected to a new network, so I
really hope that someone finds the time to implement it.