[Users] Thin provisioning extending while "Make template" still a bug?

Adrian Gibanel adrian.gibanel at btactic.com
Thu Dec 20 21:28:43 UTC 2012

I'm going to describe the bug.

You create a virtual machine with a thin provisioning hard disk.

You select the virtual machine (which it was stopped in my case) and click on "Make template".

You wait so that it ends but then when checking storage domain you notice that your template has the same size as if it was a preallocated image!
I suppose that in some of the cases you can run out of space.

I've been complaining on the irc about what it seemed Manager to ignore that the "Make template" task had finished, I mean just ignore it for about 30 minutes and then saying everything it's ok. But... that's another history.
Two irc people stated that usually people ran this bug where the virtual machine gets the preallocated size instead of the thin provisioning one.

Although they were not quite sure there's supposedly a bug around this subject which I couldn't find on bugzilla.

If the bug is as the one as I describe I would be happy to contribute to it with my setup details and logs so that you can find whatever makes it not happen in my case while most of the people run accross it.

Thank you for any information you can provide.

--

Adrián Gibanel
I.T. Manager

+34 675 683 301
www.btactic.com

Ens podeu seguir a/Nos podeis seguir en:

Abans d´imprimir aquest missatge, pensa en el medi ambient. El medi ambient és cosa de tothom. / Antes de imprimir el mensaje piensa en el medio ambiente. El medio ambiente es cosa de todos.

AVIS:
El contingut d'aquest missatge i els seus annexos és confidencial. Si no en sou el destinatari, us fem saber que està prohibit utilitzar-lo, divulgar-lo i/o copiar-lo sense tenir l'autorització corresponent. Si heu rebut aquest missatge per error, us agrairem que ho feu saber immediatament al remitent i que procediu a destruir el missatge .

AVISO:
El contenido de este mensaje y de sus anexos es confidencial. Si no es el destinatario, les hacemos saber que está prohibido utilizarlo, divulgarlo y/o copiarlo sin tener la autorización correspondiente. Si han recibido este mensaje por error, les agradeceríamos que lo hagan saber inmediatamente al remitente y que procedan a destruir el mensaje .