[Users] [Spice-devel] oVirt console plans

Hans de Goede hdegoede at redhat.com
Thu Feb 2 20:02:22 UTC 2012

Hi,

On 02/01/2012 06:04 PM, Brown, Chris (GE Healthcare) wrote:
> Not a problem I am happy to help in any way that I can.
> To Clarify I executed the same tests with the same results using both RHEV and ovirt.
> I am using:
> RHEV 3.0.1
> oVirt (FC16 + oVirt Nightly builds)
>
> Node wise I use EL6 in my case Scientific Linux 6.x.
>
> The behavior I observe with the mouse in windows or legacy linux guests for example with a spice console is:
> - Erratic mouse movements - mouse jumps all over the spice console randomly
> - Mouse stuck to console border - the mouse simply sticks to the top of the console (EG: first row of pixels) and moves left to right there only.
> - No left or right mouse input seems to be recognized in either of the above cases
>
> The spice console used in both the case of RHEV or ovirt:
> -->  http://ftp.redhat.com/pub/redhat/linux/enterprise/6Server/en/RHEV/SRPMS/rhevm-spice-client-3.0-21.el6.src.rpm
> For ovirt I rebuild the above rpm and extract the msi and cabs then place them into the appropriate (/usr/share/rhevm/rhevm.ear/...) locations

Ok, so you're testing the console under Windows clients? Otherwise this is not all that relevant, and it would be good
to know which Linux version you are using for the tests.

> When testing outside of ovirt I have used both spiec and spicey to connect to the guest console:

Ok, some more questions:
* Are you using the windows or linux version of spicec /spicy for your testing?
* Which versions? (output rpm -q spice-gtk spice-client would help)
* Can you try building & installing the latest spice (0.10.1) and/or spice-gtk
   (0.9) on a Linux client machine and try the spicec / spicy from that and see
   if that makes a difference? I just tried a RHEL-5 vm on a RHEL-6.2 host
   without the agent and the mouse works fine.

Regards,

Hans