[Users] VDSM failing to start because iscsid fails to start

Dave Allan dallan at redhat.com
Wed Feb 1 05:23:00 UTC 2012

I just installed the engine and a few nodes from RPMs all on F16 per
the instructions at:

http://www.ovirt.org/wiki/Installing_ovirt-engine_from_rpm

After installing the engine, I installed a few nodes by installing the
minimal F16 package set + wget, configuring the ovirt repo on the
nodes and using the 'New' button in the hosts tab of the engine GUI.
The installation went fine, but after the nodes rebooted they were
listed as non-reponsive.  It turned out that VDSM was failing to start
because iscsid was failing to start.  I turned up the debug level on
iscsid but didn't find any culprit.  Manually force-starting iscsid
and then manually starting the vdsm service caused the nodes to change
status to Up.  Anybody seen this or have any thoughts about what might
be wrong?

Dave