[Users] Importing VMs

Andrew Dunlop ajdunlop at gmail.com
Fri Feb 3 09:27:50 UTC 2012

I am looking at how I might go about importing a mixture of existing
VMs into oVirt.
There doesn't appear to be any obvious way of doing this so I am
assuming it should be done manually.
If I where to create a raw disk image of my existing KVM virtual
machines how would I then go about importing this?
I can see on a node running a VM that there are two files in the
images folder associated with it. These appear to be the disk image
and a meta file containing configuration options for the VM.
Would the best way to go about this be to create a VM with the options
I require in oVirt and power cycle it so these files are created then
replace the disk image with my one, preserving the file name (which I
assume is the VMID).