[Users] Pxeboot

Mike Burns mburns at redhat.com
Wed Feb 8 18:35:24 UTC 2012

On Wed, 2012-02-08 at 10:24 -0800, Li, David wrote:
> Hi Mike,
>
> I read the oVirt node  Wiki and had an impression it's not ready in 2.3 yet: http://ovirt.org/wiki/Node_Stateless .
>
> Ok, I saw that tool in the ISO. Let me dig in to how to use it.
> The real question now is if I can nfs mount the the real rootfs which would also be on the TFTP/DHCP server in the final pxe booting stage.  Is that something you are doing too?

Ok, I think I see where the confusion is now.  We support using pxeboot
to install to a local disk, but not full stateless booting and pulling
the configuration from elsewhere.

It won't really be feasible to so something like this until we have
stateless support worked out, but you're welcome to work with us to get
it working.

Mike