[Users] 2 more questions regarding upgrade of the nodes

Mike Burns mburns at redhat.com
Fri Feb 10 12:49:40 UTC 2012

On Fri, 2012-02-10 at 12:04 +0000, Morgan Cox wrote:
> Hi.
>
> 1. Do we have to use Fedora16 for the nodes ? Or can be build a node
> on any distro ?

If you specifically mean the ovirt-node projects, then yes, it's Fedora
only.  There are other distros where work is being done to make them
clients, but they're not using ovirt-node.

We (the ovirt-node team) would welcome people coming in and helping get
ovirt-node working with other distros, but there has been limited
interest so far.

> 2. If the node is also doing the storage (i.e LVM) - when we upgrade
> Ovirt to the next version how will be keep the data ?

oVirt Node is a livecd based image that is pretty easy to upgrade.  It's
non-invasive in that you boot the new iso image, and say to upgrade and
it installs the new image without touching the existing configuration or
shared storage.

Mike