[Users] Two fence devices per server.

Nathan Stratton nathan at robotics.net
Sun Feb 12 16:18:51 UTC 2012

On Sun, 12 Feb 2012, Livnat Peer wrote:

> Hi Nathan,
>
> Currently OE (oVirt engine) supports only one power management device
> per server.

Most servers today take more then one power supply, in fact none of ours
even come with 1 supply options. How are people dealing with this problem
today? Is it possible to put both supplies on one strip and use oVirt to
fence both outlets? If not, are people using some other device to feed
multiple supplies from one outlet?

We have looked at IPMI fence, but we have found it not to be very
reliable.

> Livnat

><>
Nathan Stratton                                CTO, BlinkMind, Inc.
nathan at robotics.net                         nathan at blinkmind.com
http://www.robotics.net                        http://www.blinkmind.com