[Users] Difference between RHEV and ovirt

patrick thunar24 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 13 17:14:00 UTC 2012

Hello all,

In our company we want to use either RHEV or oVirt in a production
environment. After testing RHEV for 30 days we are happy with the
stability and features. Can someone explain the difference between
RHEV and oVirt? Are there maybe some features just available in RHEV
like Windows guest drivers or someting like that?
I'm not sure if I get this right, but as oVirt is the upstream of RHEV
does this means that new features like hot add nic etc. are first
available in oVirt and afterwards in RHEV. Does oVirt has any
drawbacks compared to RHEV other than support?

Thanks in advance
Patrick van der Wiel