[Users] Hey using NFS as my main datastore

Deepak C Shetty deepakcs at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Tue Feb 14 05:05:27 UTC 2012

On 02/10/2012 03:28 AM, Douglas Landgraf wrote:
> Hi Dominic,
>
> On 02/09/2012 01:49 PM, Dominic Kaiser wrote:
>> So I have fixed it!  Thanks Itamar!  It was chown -R 36:36 /path to
>> my shared folder.  I should have looked at the ovirt wiki also:
>> http://www.ovirt.org/wiki/Troubleshooting_NFS_Storage_Issues.  So all
>> NFS shares up and my virtual servers are starting.

Hi Dominic,
     I had the same "perm denied" issue even after having all the
user.group stuff right.
It ended up as VDSM not setting the selinux policy.
It went away for me after running `setsebool virt_use_nfs 1`
Strangely, this is not mentioned in the above troubleshooting
guide/link, let me see if i can add it.

> Nice! Next time something similar happens, you might want to try
> nfs-check script:
> http://gerrit.ovirt.org/gitweb?p=vdsm.git;a=commitdiff;h=578cfe90239d5c3f6f11f1fc063c148606e991dc
>

> Thanks!

Hi Doug,
     I saw the script, it just gives a hint to check selinux booleans,
but doesn't go into specific
as to which booleans need to be set. Is there any other place in the
ovirt wiki where
the selinux booleans are mentioned so that users can map it to their
setup and make
changes accordingly to match it as mentioned in the wiki ?