[Users] Possible to migrate from an existing KVM/Libvirt VM (installed in an LVM) ?

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Tue Feb 14 10:33:38 UTC 2012

From: 	Morgan Cox <morgancoxuk at gmail.com>
> Can an existing KVM/Libvirt VM (installed in an LVM) ever be migrated to
> an Ovirt node (offline migration is ok.) ?

[Sorry this isn't threaded -- I wasn't subscribed to the list until now]

The answer is that virt-v2v ought to work with oVirt.  It was
developed originally against RHEV-M 2.2 and, later, 3.0.

Of course KVM guest images should require only minimal changes, since
they should already support virtio etc., certainly for Linux guests.
So in many cases virt-v2v would be a no-op, and simply copying the
disk image may work.

Matt ...?

Rich.