[Users] Still unable to boot in system with UEFI

Federico Alberto Sayd fsayd at uncu.edu.ar
Tue Feb 14 15:36:49 UTC 2012

El 14/02/12 10:35, Joey Boggs escribió:
> On 02/14/2012 08:29 AM, Federico Alberto Sayd wrote:
>> Hello:
>>
>> Recently I downloaded the ovirt stable node image. According to
>> releases notes since 2.2.2 UEFI installation bug has been fixed, but
>> I still can't boot from my server with UEFI. Ovirt installs without
>> problem, but when the system reboots nothing  happens, the system
>> don't boot. Then I try to boot with super grub disk 2 live cd, it
>> detects ovirt installation and boots the system.
>>
>> I think that still there is a problem with UEFI in certain hardware:
>>
>> Mi system is a IBM blade center HS22 7870
>>
>> Can anyone confirm problems with UEFI in 2.2.2 version?
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Federico
>
> Can you boot the image like you did with the grub livecd and run
> efibootmgr -v also mount /dev/disk/by-label/EFI and run find on where
> you mounted it.

Ok,

efibootmgr -v

Fatal: Couldn't open either sysfs or procfs directories for accessing
EFI variables.
Try 'modprobe efivars' as root

I can't mount /dev/disk/by-label/EFI, when I create a directory and try
to mount the partition, mount says:

mount: /dev/sda1 already mounted or disco busy

however, mount output don't show that /dev/sda1 is mounted

Some directories are in read only mode and I could not create a
directory to mount the partition, I tried into /config and /live.

/dev/disk/by-label/EFI points to /dev/sda1 and "disco" is the directory
mount point.

Also,  /proc/efi/vars/   and  /sys/firmware/efi/vars/ are not present

Thanks