[Users] Still unable to boot in system with UEFI

Federico Alberto Sayd fsayd at uncu.edu.ar
Wed Feb 15 15:45:49 UTC 2012

El 14/02/12 13:29, Joey Boggs escribió:
> On 02/14/2012 10:36 AM, Federico Alberto Sayd wrote:

>>> Can you boot the image like you did with the grub livecd and run
>>> efibootmgr -v also mount /dev/disk/by-label/EFI and run find on
>>> where you mounted it.
>>>

>> Ok,
>>
>> efibootmgr -v
>>
>> Fatal: Couldn't open either sysfs or procfs directories for accessing
>> EFI variables.
>> Try 'modprobe efivars' as root
>>
>> I can't mount /dev/disk/by-label/EFI, when I create a directory and
>> try to mount the partition, mount says:
>>
>> mount: /dev/sda1 already mounted or disco busy
>>
>> however, mount output don't show that /dev/sda1 is mounted
>>
>> Some directories are in read only mode and I could not create a
>> directory to mount the partition, I tried into /config and /live.
>>
>> /dev/disk/by-label/EFI points to /dev/sda1 and "disco" is the
>> directory mount point.
>>
>> Also,  /proc/efi/vars/   and  /sys/firmware/efi/vars/ are not present
>>
>> Thanks

> Ah.. was assuming the grub disc you booted from was EFI enabled. Try
> booting the node iso in EFI mode and run through those steps again.

Sorry, I sent to the private. I resend to the list:

Super grub disk detects the grub.cfg from ovirt's installation and loads
the system from this configuration. Therefore I assume that the kernel
parameters from grub config loads the system with EFI enabled.

The grub config from grub's console is:

setparams 'oVirt Node Hypervisor 2.2.2-2.2.fc16'

set root=(hd0,3)
linux /vmlinuz0 root=live:LABEL=Root ro rootfstype=auto rootflags=ro
crashkernel=512M-2G:64M,2G-:128M elevator=deadline quiet rd_NO_LVM rhgb
rd.luks=0 rd.md=0 rd.dm=0
initrd /initrd0.img