[Users] Still unable to boot in system with UEFI

Federico Alberto Sayd fsayd at uncu.edu.ar
Wed Feb 15 16:05:07 UTC 2012

El 15/02/12 12:34, Joey Boggs escribió:
> On 02/15/2012 10:20 AM, Federico Alberto Sayd wrote:

>>> Ah.. was assuming the grub disc you booted from was EFI enabled. Try
>>> booting the node iso in EFI mode and run through those steps again.
>>>
>> Super grub disk detects the grub.cfg from ovirt's installation and
>> loads the system from this configuration. Therefore I assume that the
>> kernel parameters from grub config loads the system with EFI enabled.
>>
>> The grub config from grub's console is:
>>
>> setparams 'oVirt Node Hypervisor 2.2.2-2.2.fc16'
>>
>> set root=(hd0,3)
>> linux /vmlinuz0 root=live:LABEL=Root ro rootfstype=auto rootflags=ro
>> crashkernel=512M-2G:64M,2G-:128M elevator=deadline quiet rd_NO_LVM
>> rhgb rd.luks=0 rd.md=0 rd.dm=0
>> initrd /initrd0.img
>
> EFI boot process is done before the grub config comes into play, and
> the grub config has a few extra lines in it. The machine I'm testing
> on when you goto the boot menu will show UEFI: $CD_DEVICE_NAME or for
> boot entries for ovirt it would show:  oVirt Node Hypervisor If your
> grub cd supports efi booting it will be noticeable in the boot menu.
> In order to do an efi installation it has to be booted in efi mode for
> it to properly setup the boot entries.

Before the Ovirt entry on Grub menu, Grub2 displays the config detected:

setparams '(hd0,gpt3)/grub2/grub.cfg'  'hd0,gpt3'
'(hd0,gpt3)/grub2/grub.cfg'

cfg_device="$2"
cfg="$3"
root="$cfg_device"
configfile "$cfg"

Is there where "UEFI:" parameter must be present?

Sorry, I am a newbie to UEFI and Grub2, meanwhile I am reading all I can
about Grub2 and UEFI

Thanks

Thanks