[Users] Setting UUID

Nathan Stratton nathan at robotics.net
Sat Feb 18 20:33:13 UTC 2012

On Sat, 18 Feb 2012, Livnat Peer wrote:

> How about setting the VM name instead of UUID? It won't update
> permissions automatically though.

Not sure I follow, VM name is good, but there are all sorts of things that
care about UUID changing. That is why we are looking for the ability to
set it. Today it looks like all UUIDs are random, and I assume that a UUID
needs to be unique, but how hard would it be to be able to specify a UUID?
Libvirt allows this to be done and we do it all the time in our XML kvm
files.

><>
Nathan Stratton                                CTO, BlinkMind, Inc.
nathan at robotics.net                         nathan at blinkmind.com
http://www.robotics.net                        http://www.blinkmind.com