[Users] Setting UUID

Nathan Stratton nathan at robotics.net
Sun Feb 19 02:28:18 UTC 2012

On Sat, 18 Feb 2012, Livnat Peer wrote:

> Changing VM id does not sound like a complicated feature, when designing
> such a feature need to think of what are the impact on the history DB
> and events in the audit log (if such id was in use before).

Any idea how to create a SQL statement to do it? I don't know enough about
SQL to build a statement, but I was able to export the DB, change all of
the references from the starting UUID to the new UUID I wanted and then
rebuild the DB. I then we able to start the VM and it used the new UUID in
the db without issue. I am sure there is a simpler method, but that is
all I had.