[Users] Is it possible to run the node and engine on the same box?

Nathan Stratton nathan at robotics.net
Sun Feb 19 18:39:16 UTC 2012

On Sun, 19 Feb 2012, Brent Bolin wrote:

> Assume if it was possible fedora 16 with the additional repos would be
> suggested.

Its possible, I tried it and it does work, but I ended up ditching the
idea because I wanted all my node boxes to be identical. What I am working
on now is getting ovirt-engine to work as a guest on a node.

First setup ovirt on a stand alone box
Setup everything the way you want it
Create a overt-engine VM
Shutdown the first ovirt-engine (the guest ovirt-engine will stay up)
Import the DB into the VM engine
Start the ovirt-engine on the VM

If you need to start a cold cluster you fire up all your nodes and then
manually start ovirt-engine VM on one of the nodes.

><>
Nathan Stratton                                CTO, BlinkMind, Inc.
nathan at robotics.net                         nathan at blinkmind.com
http://www.robotics.net                        http://www.blinkmind.com