[Users] LDAP

Yair Zaslavsky yzaslavs at redhat.com
Mon Feb 20 10:02:07 UTC 2012

On 02/20/2012 09:39 AM, Oved Ourfalli wrote:
> Hey,
>
> More information on the domain infrastructure we have can be found in:
> http://www.ovirt.org/wiki/DomainInfrastructure
> (I might update it more soon, but it can give you a basic view of how the domain management in oVirt is working, and what do you need to update in order to support a new ldap provider).
>
> Oved

I just would like to add that in general, when one wants to add a new
LDAP server support, it should be realized that there are two main
issues to take care of:
a. How authentication to LDAP server is performed (examples we
encountered in the past - Kerberos/GSSAPI  and SIMPLE).
b. How to perform the ldap queries (i.e - use proper schema)

This is at least how I see it.

Yair