[Users] Question: ovirt-engine jboss startup failure

Li, David LiD at cloudshield.com
Tue Feb 21 01:01:52 UTC 2012

Hi,
This is my first time installing ovirt-engine. I already have a node up and running.

Engine-setup script went ok except for FQDN. It complained about missing PTR record for the FQDN.  If I went ahead to use the name, the JBOSS startup would fail.
Upon examining the log file in /usr/share/jboss-as/standalone/log/boot.log, there was an error in java.net.InetAddress.getLocalHost. I think this is related to the PTR record complain.

Haven't done extensive search on the subject yet. How should get around this problem?

David