[Users] LDAP

Yair Zaslavsky yzaslavs at redhat.com
Tue Feb 21 05:24:53 UTC 2012

On 02/21/2012 12:24 AM, Alex Karasulu wrote:

> On Mon, Feb 20, 2012 at 10:20 PM, Yair Zaslavsky <yzaslavs at redhat.com
> <mailto:yzaslavs at redhat.com>> wrote:
>
>     On 02/20/2012 08:53 PM, Alex Karasulu wrote:
>     >
>     > On Mon, Feb 20, 2012 at 1:28 AM, Alex Karasulu
>     <akarasulu at apache.org <mailto:akarasulu at apache.org>
>     > <mailto:akarasulu at apache.org <mailto:akarasulu at apache.org>>> wrote:
>     >
>     >
>     >
>     >     On Sun, Feb 19, 2012 at 10:36 PM, Yair Zaslavsky
>     >     <yzaslavs at redhat.com <mailto:yzaslavs at redhat.com>
>     <mailto:yzaslavs at redhat.com <mailto:yzaslavs at redhat.com>>> wrote:
>     >
>     >         On 02/19/2012 10:30 PM, Nathan Stratton wrote:
>     >         > On Sun, 19 Feb 2012, Yaniv Kaul wrote:
>     >         >
>     >         >> Sorry, my fault - should have seen it earlier - we do
>     not support
>     >         >> OpenLDAP yet - we fail to parse its rootDSE, therefore
>     do not
>     >         have a
>     >         >> way to proceed.
>     >         >> I think there's a RFE for it somewhere filed, but if not,
>     >         worth filing.
>     >         >
>     >         > Ouch, do you support Apache Directory Server?
>     >         Sorry Nathan, we do not support this one as well.
>     >
>     >
>     >     I can help regarding ApacheDS support. If someone can lend a hand
>     >     getting started offline that would be great.
>     >
>     >
>     > Accidentally emailed Yair privately.
>     Thanks Alex,
>     So as I said - you can start following the Wiki sent by Oved Ourfali.
>     I guess you already have a system set with engine-core , am I
>     correct here?
>

> Unfortunately not. I'm very knew and still inspecting what you have
> here. I need to setup a virtual machine for a test environment. I'm
> going to try to go to town on this during the weekend. FYI I don't think
> the LDAP code is going to be much to deal with, mostly small tweaks so
> we should be able to have this working fast with ApacheDS. Or at least
> one can hope :-).

Alex - I worked mainly on adding support to ActiveDirectory, but was
also involved with adding IPA support (Roy Golan and Oved Ourfali did
most of the work there) - I think the Wiki explains well (or at least I
hope :) ) how to address this issue. Feel free to ask more questions
when you start working on it.