[Users] ovirt VM custom properties

Itamar Heim iheim at redhat.com
Wed Feb 22 16:00:46 UTC 2012

On 02/22/2012 05:47 PM, Brown, Chris (GE Healthcare) wrote:
> Itamar/oVirt team,
> Just wanted to let you know the latest nightly build and latest
> RHEV/RHEL spice client/plugin has completely resolved mouse interaction
> issues with the following tested guests:
>
> Red Hat 7.3
> Red Hat 9
> Fedora core 1 - 14
> Fedora core 15
> Fedora core 16
> Red Hat Enterprise 3.x
> Red Hat Enterprise 4.x
> Red Hat Enterprise 5.x
> Red Hat Enterpise 6.x
> SLES 10
> SLES 11
> SLES 11 SP1
> OpenSUSE 11.1
> OpenSUSE 11.2
> OpenSUSE 11.3
> OpenSUSE 11.4
> Windows 2000 SP4
> Windows XP
> Windows Vista
> Windows Server 2003
> Windows Server 2003 R2
> Windows Server 2008
> Windows Server 2008 R2
> Solaris 10 Update9
> Solaris 11 Express
> Solaris 11
>
> I ran through the usual above suspect list of guests and am happy to
> report all is now well.
> A side note provided the appropriate NIC model is used with the
> respective guest type networking works fine in all of the above.
> Most importantly mouse interactivity works OOB now. Hats off to you guys
> awesome work!

so no need for the usb tablet hack/hook any more?

> A related question. It seems at the moment spice browser support is
> limited atm.
> Under windows only Internet Explorer can be used.
> Under linux only Firefox with the spice-xpi plugin can be used.
>
> When/or if can we expect to see spice interaction with ovirt/rhev guests
> supported under:
> Firefox + Windows
> Google Chrome + Windows
> Google Chrome + Linux
>
> These below are probably a real stretch but just for fun any thoughts on
> them?
> Mac OSX ?
> Solaris ?
> iPhone/iPad ?
> Android devices ?

ovirt shouldn't have an issue supporting any of the above.
cc-ing spice-devel for inputs on any of these being on the map.
for full ovirt integration, we'd need a browser wrapper (xpi/activex/etc.)
for launching from command line and setting the vm ticket via
api/sdk/cli (or from any other spice wrapper) - just having spice client
for them would be enough.