[Users] Node ISO problem in 2.2.3 stateless boot

Li, David LiD at cloudshield.com
Wed Feb 22 17:06:26 UTC 2012

Hi,

Me too here having problem with 2.2.3. I tried with both sel- built  iso and official iso in stateless boot.  This used to work in 2.2.2 with stateless patches.

In the official iso the problem is similar to Michel van Horseen has seen:  in my case Dracut couldn't find root device: liveiso:/..... but this is strange as I have put in kernel option root=live:/.... and it should have taken that instead of self invented "liveiso:/". This used to work for me with 2.2.2. something broken here.

In my own build,  the boot dropped into an emergency shell complaining about missing /usr/libexec/ovirt-auto-install file.  I know I chatted with Mike Burns for a while yesterday regarding this. This is a new build off tag ovirt-node-2.2.3 but the problem seems persisting.

- David