[Users] Node ISO problem in 2.2.3 stateless boot

Rami Vaknin rvaknin at redhat.com
Wed Feb 22 17:34:00 UTC 2012

On 02/22/2012 07:06 PM, Li, David wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Me too here having problem with 2.2.3. I tried with both sel- built  iso and official iso in stateless boot.  This used to work in 2.2.2 with stateless patches.
>
> In the official iso the problem is similar to Michel van Horseen has seen:  in my case Dracut couldn't find root device: liveiso:/..... but this is strange as I have put in kernel option root=live:/.... and it should have taken that instead of self invented "liveiso:/". This used to work for me with 2.2.2. something broken here.
I'm not really familiar with what do "liveiso:/" and "live:/" mean or
what the exact problem is but I've tried to set ovirt-node in pxe, I
used a pxeboot script (taken from another rpm since I couldn't find one
in ovirt-node package), the script created for me the needed files
(ramdisk, kernel and cfg files), and when I've booted from that pxe
entry - I found myself in the same problem, got into that shell with the
same error message - only my "liveiso:/" pointed to a different path.

I solved that by changing the "liveiso:/blah/blah/blah/ovirt-node.iso"
in the kernel path to "live:/ovirt-node.iso", for a backup I copied the
ovirt-node.iso file to the same directory where the aforementioned 3
files reside, it worked!