[Users] LDAP

Nathan Stratton nathan at robotics.net
Thu Feb 23 17:38:42 UTC 2012

On Thu, 23 Feb 2012, Yaniv Kaul wrote:

> LDAP cannot be 'just used'. It needs to be connected to (we use Kerberos,
> many use SSL/TLS) and it needs the correct schema configuration.
> FreeIPA uses Kerberos and LDAP.

True, but I use LDAP to auth a bunch of boxes on a private network and
that seams to work fine. Anyway... Still trying to get this to work. I now
have freeipa installed with a user setup. I am able to kinit that user and
everything works fine however I get the following error:

[root at ovirt-engine log]# engine-manage-domains -action=add
-domain=blinkmind.net -user=nathan -passwordFile=/etc/shadow -interactive
Error:  exception message: Integrity check on decrypted field failed (31)
- PREAUTH_FAILED
Failure while testing domain blinkmind.net. Details: Kerberos error.
Please check log for further details.

><>
Nathan Stratton                                CTO, BlinkMind, Inc.
nathan at robotics.net                         nathan at blinkmind.com
http://www.robotics.net                        http://www.blinkmind.com