[Users] LDAP

Yair Zaslavsky yzaslavs at redhat.com
Fri Feb 24 11:48:00 UTC 2012

On 02/24/2012 10:35 AM, Jeff Bailey wrote:
> Sorry for the new thread but I just joined the list.  The following
Welcome aboard Jeff

> excerpt from Nathan Stratton's 389DS log shows the same thing that I've
> been seeing when trying to use IPA.  It appears that the directory
> server type is being misidentified as active directory hence the search
> on samaccounttype and userprincipalname.
>
> [23/Feb/2012:18:33:34 +0000] conn=50 op=3 SRCH base="dc=blinkmind,dc=net"
> scope=2
> filter="(&(samaccounttype=805306368)(userprincipalname=nathan at
> BLINKMIND.NET  <http://lists.ovirt.org/mailman/listinfo/users>))"
> attrs="nsUniqueId ipaUniqueID objectguid objectClass javaSerializedData
> javaClassName javaFactory javaCodebase javaReferenceAddress javaClassNames
> javaremotelocation"
One the issues I see here is the fact the the query is using
samaccounttype and objectguid which might be relevant only for
ActiveDirectory.
Nathan, can you provide us the exact query? (you can place
userprincipalname=XXXXX in order to prevent spamming, we'll understand
what you mean). I just want to fully understand if you truely see both
ipaUniqueID and objectguid
I would (for example) check what attributes are supports by the 389ds
schema.

Yair