[Users] LDAP

Nathan Stratton nathan at robotics.net
Sun Feb 26 15:17:40 UTC 2012

On Sun, 26 Feb 2012, Oved Ourfalli wrote:

> Found the problem.
> We are identifying if the LDAP server is AD or not by checking if the root DSE contains the "defaultNamingContext" attribute.
> This attribute is not in the LDAP standard, thus it appears in AD, and not in IPA and RHDS...
>
> Looking at the rootDSE you provided it looks like it was added to IPA, therefore we identify it as AD.

Is there a way I can fix this short term by modifying my rootDSE in
FreeIPA?

> Can you open us a bug on that upstream?

How do I do that?

> Given that issue, I think we should also provide a way to set the ldap provider type (using the engine-manage-domains utility), in order to workaround such issues in the future.

Any timeframe? It's a bit frustrating that RedHat oVirt project and RedHat
389 and RedHat FreeIPA can't talk to each other.

><>
Nathan Stratton                                CTO, BlinkMind, Inc.
nathan at robotics.net                         nathan at blinkmind.com
http://www.robotics.net                        http://www.blinkmind.com