[Users] Run only the agent on centos/redhat

Nathan Stratton nathan at robotics.net
Sun Feb 26 15:27:39 UTC 2012

On Sun, 26 Feb 2012, Mario Giammarco wrote:

> Hello,
> sorry I cannot reply to my old thread but I forgot one question:
>
> can I install only the ovirt agent on centos/redhat?
>
> I have already several server with centos/redhat installed and I do not want to
> restart from scratch.

I had problems with overt-agent working with Centos (works fine with
Fedora 16), but I found that rhev-agent works fine. Just google for
rhev-agent and rpm and you will find a few places to snag it. Would give
you mine, but my spacewalk server is internal.

All you need to do is yum install it, no config is needed. Once you do you
should see your IP address(s) and Memory utilization pop up in
ovirt-engine.

><>
Nathan Stratton                                CTO, BlinkMind, Inc.
nathan at robotics.net                         nathan at blinkmind.com
http://www.robotics.net                        http://www.blinkmind.com