[Users] How to migrate the Ovirt management server/frontend to another machine ? (what files are needed, etc)

Morgan Cox morgancoxuk at gmail.com
Mon Feb 27 14:14:59 UTC 2012

Hi.

As we are using Fedora16 as the OS on the frontend I would like to know
what files/DB's, etc are needed to migrate the management server/frontend
to another machine?

I ask as the support life of Fedora is not too long, so for example when
FC17 is released I would like to migrate the machine to that - by migrate I
mean backup and re-install.

Is there any info anywhere showing what files I would need to
migrate/backup to a new frontend server? - I assume its going to be a DB
and several files - I would just like to know for sure.

Ovirt looks really nice btw - thank you to all who made this possible.

As a 2nd question - is there an ETA from when RHEL packages are going to be
ready?

Many regards