[Users] [vdsm] Remove and Add host does not work

Deepak C Shetty deepakcs at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Tue Feb 28 13:22:00 UTC 2012

On 02/28/2012 06:46 PM, Itamar Heim wrote:
> On 02/28/2012 02:48 PM, Deepak C Shetty wrote:
>> Hi,
>> I had a host managed via OE, completely working fine. Was even able to
>> create and run VMs off it.
>> I tried removing the host from the OE (put host into maint. mode and
>> then remove) and when i re-discover
>> the same host, OE just keeps seeing it as Non-responsive.
>
> what do you mean by "re-discover"?

I just meant that i removed the host and re-added it by selecting "New"
on the Hosts tab
and putting the IP and hostname.

>> I am able to ssh into the host and see that none of the vdsm processes
>> have been started.
>> I tried doing "Confirm host has been rebooted" on the OE, did not help.
>> I tried putting
>> host into maint. mode and re-activating the host, just doesn't help
>
> did you do any change to the host?
> just removing it from engine shouldn't cause vdsm to know/care and
> should work just like before.

Nothing changed on the host. In fact when i removed and added the host back
it says everything is installed so does nothing but reboots the host,
post reboot
vdsm does not start automatically.... and host status is non-responsive
on OE