[Users] Possible to migrate from an existing KVM/Libvirt VM (installed in an LVM) ?

Matthew Booth mbooth at redhat.com
Tue Feb 14 11:06:14 UTC 2012

> From: 	Morgan Cox<morgancoxuk at gmail.com>
>> Can an existing KVM/Libvirt VM (installed in an LVM) ever be migrated to
>> an Ovirt node (offline migration is ok.) ?
>
> [Sorry this isn't threaded -- I wasn't subscribed to the list until now]
>
> The answer is that virt-v2v ought to work with oVirt.  It was
> developed originally against RHEV-M 2.2 and, later, 3.0.
>
> Of course KVM guest images should require only minimal changes, since
> they should already support virtio etc., certainly for Linux guests.
> So in many cases virt-v2v would be a no-op, and simply copying the
> disk image may work.
>
> Matt ...?

I've never tested against an ovirt node. I guess it *should* work. Of
course, it probably doesn't work in practise due to a minor setup
differences. The only way to find out would be to try it.

Matt
--
Matthew Booth, RHCA, RHCSS

GPG ID:  D33C3490
GPG FPR: 3733 612D 2D05 5458 8A8A 1600 3441 EA19 D33C 3490