[Users] [Spice-devel] oVirt console plans

Hans de Goede hdegoede at redhat.com
Tue Jan 31 07:38:43 UTC 2012

Hi,

On 01/31/2012 06:38 AM, Brown, Chris (GE Healthcare) wrote:
> I did some more extensive testing tonight to see how many guests would have issues with a SPICE based console. This testing was specifically during guest OS install time.
>
> Here is the list and the results
> - Red Hat 7.3 -->  Mouse unusable
> - Red Hat 9 -->  Mouse unusable
> - Fedora core 1 - 14 -->  Mouse unusable

These are all past there EOL, also see my
remark below which certainly applies to these.

> - Fedora core 15 Mouse useable
> - Fedora core 16 Mouse useable
> - Red Hat Enterprise 3.x -->  Mouse unusable
> - Red Hat Enterprise 4.x -->  Mouse unusable
> - Red Hat Enterprise 5.x -->  Mouse unusable
> - Red Hat Enterpise 6.x -->  Mouse useable
> - SLES 10 -->  Mouse unusable
> - SLES 11 -->  Mouse unusable
> - SLES 11 SP1 -->  Mouse unusable
> - OpenSUSE 11.1 -->  Mouse unusable
> - OpenSUSE 11.2 -->  Mouse useable
> - OpenSUSE 11.3 -->  Mouse useable
> - OpenSUSE 11.4 -->  Mouse useable

Looking at the above list it sounds to me
like you had the usb-tablet enabled in the vm
config, that is not a good idea for Linux versions
which have an xorg which does not support
device hotplug. May I suggest that you re-run
the tests without the usb-tablet enabled?

This may also help with the problems with other
operating systems.

Regards,

Hans