[Users] Hello All I am new to ovirt and have a question

Dominic Kaiser dominic at bostonvineyard.org
Sat Jan 14 21:04:27 UTC 2012

I have recently set up an ovirt engine server and one host.  The ovirt
engine server was installed on a small Intell Atom quad core with 4 gigs of
ram box.  The ovirt engine server is running on Fedora 16 and engine was
installed from rpms after I added the repo.  Also I have installed one host
or node if you prefer That is an AMD quad core with 8 gigs of ram and has
virtualization.  I have tried installing from ovirt node 2.2.1 iso but
ethernet card can not be intialized even though it is detected.  This is a
realtek card and it shows up fine in fedora 16.  The iso is still a bit
buggy for me so I tried installing fedora 16 and then the vdsm rpm packages
from repository.  I have correctly set up a bridge on fedora 16 and by the
way your instructions are wrong for bridge setup.  I will be glad to send
you guys a correct config for the wiki if neccessary for fedora 16.  Vdsm
is running and I installed host from the ovirt gui by adding new host
entered ip config an.d it appeared in the ovirt web manager.  What it does
not do properly is install on the Ovirt web manager I get installing then
it says install failed.  I have tried reinstalling from the ovirt web
manager to no avail.  The wiki is a good start but directions are lacking I
must say.  Is there any more config that needs to be done on the vdsm.conf
file in etc/vdsm/vdsm.conf or does it just "detect" when the Ovirt web
manager calls for it?  I am probably missing something on my end I am
guessing.  Also what log files would be helpful to look at?  I will be
trying this out also on a new asus server with two 8 core amd opterons and
32 gigs of ram shortly so I will let you know how that goes also.  This
project is great I just need to get a working host and I want to write a
simpler install write up for this project that in my opinion is what it is
lacking.

Let me know,

--
Dominic Kaiser