[Users] Hello All I am new to ovirt and have a question

Doron Fediuck dfediuck at redhat.com
Tue Jan 17 16:46:55 UTC 2012

On Tuesday 17 January 2012 11:31:43 Dominic Kaiser wrote:
> Ok here are the log files. It installs most packages and then hangs up on
> libjpeg?  libjpeg is installed including dev package.  This is a bare-metal
> node running fedora 16 with vdsm packages installed from repo.  Your node
> .iso 2.2.1 does not initialize realtek nic cards so I can not use that.
> The 2.2.1 .iso sees the nic card but that is it.  So I went the route of
> installing the full fedora 16 distro and installing vdsm packages from
> repo.  I am bridged correctly and ssl=false in the vdsm.conf.  Now when I
> go to the ovirt management gui and install the node it fails at this step.
> I can see the node in ovirt management gui just an fyi so not a problem
> with detection.  It seems that the vdsm server will not start due to
> libjpeg install failure but mabey I am wrong.
>
> Let me know what you think,
>
> Dominic

Hi Dominic,
This is where your installation fails:
ParsingError: File contains parsing errors: /etc/vdsm/vdsm.conf
	[line 42]: ' default_bridge = engine\n'
	[line 93]: ' ssl = false\n'
	[line 191]: ' management_port = 54321\n'
	[line 193]: ' management_ip = 10.3.0.245\n'
Sun, 15 Jan 2012 08:01:27 DEBUG    <BSTRAP component='CreateConf' status='FAIL' message='Basic configuration failed'/>

Now I'm wondering how did you edit /etc/vdsm/vdsm.conf?
Did you really add a string '\n' or is it just the way the error propmts?

--

/d

"Air conditioned environment - Do NOT open Windows!"