[Users] Hello All I am new to ovirt and have a question

Dominic Kaiser dominic at bostonvineyard.org
Tue Jan 17 17:39:48 UTC 2012

Thanks all,

I have tried the new ovirt node 2.2.1-3 nightly build today and it finally
recognized my realtek nic card.  So I have moved to try to get node to
install.  Still a fail I might add.  It adds to the ovirt gui but fails
install and says the ovirt hyperviser is not a supported platform.  That is
kind of funny since it is fedora 16.  And yes I had edited the vdsm.conf by
hand was that wrong to do?  Should I have used vi instead?  I would like to
get ovirt node running since it is working now lighter install.  This is
what I get:

2012-Jan-17, 12:28:59
Failed to install Host vm3.bostonvineyard.org. Step: INSTALLER; Details:
Unsupported platform: oVirtNodeHypervisor.

If it registers from ovirt node should it not show up in the ovirt
Management gui?  Or do you still have to add it as usual?  So that is what
I did and that is the error I recieved.

Let me know what you think,

Dominic

--