[Users] oVirt node in a diskless environment

Mike Burns mburns at redhat.com
Tue Jan 17 17:56:41 UTC 2012

On Tue, 2012-01-17 at 09:48 -0800, Li, David wrote:
> Hi, I am totally new to this. But what I am looking for is to run
> oVirt node on a diskless x86_64 server board. I have to pxeboot and
> then mount the initramfs as the final root file systems. No disk or
> NFS is allowed.
>

> Is this possible with the current release?

Currently, no, but it's an important feature that we're hoping to get in
the next release or 2.  Our current high level design is posted on the
wiki [1].  There is also some effort going on by the archipel group to
make ovirt-node stateless as well [2].  We certainly welcome feedback on
the node-devel at ovirt.org mailing list or directly on the wiki.

Thanks

Mike

[1] http://ovirt.org/wiki/Node_Stateless