[Users] Small errors on the wiki

Mike Burns mburns at redhat.com
Wed Jan 18 01:56:18 UTC 2012

On Tue, 2012-01-17 at 17:52 -0500, Jean-Francois Saucier wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I tried to install oVirt engine from RPM just a minute ago and found
> some small errors on the wiki page at :
> http://www.ovirt.org/wiki/Installing_ovirt-engine_from_rpm
>
> I know oVirt and RHEV pretty well but I am new to the project and has
> not yet contributed anything. The question I have is I wonder if I
> should change the wiki directly or refer to someone before doing it.
> This page seems to be an important one that is referred regularly and
> I don't want to break anything.

It's a community project, so feel free to update if you come across
something that isn't clear or correct.  If you're not sure about
something, then asking here or on IRC works for clarification.

> The first error is that the ovirt-engine.repo is now at
> http://www.ovirt.org/releases/nightly/ovirt-engine.repo in the step
> "Configuring Ovirt's Repository".

A copy has been moved to the nightly/fedora/16 directory now.

> The second error is that you cannot run engine-cleanup at the first
> install you do. But the explanation state explicitly, and in bold, to
> run this command before _every_ installation.

Updated to say before every re-installation instead of installation

Mike