[Users] test day: using VM has host for vdsm

Ryan Harper ryanh at us.ibm.com
Wed Jan 18 12:59:01 UTC 2012

I've created some f16 VMs that contain both ovirt-engine and a few
to run vdsm as nodes.  When I add in the VM host into the engine and it
attempts to install vdsm (even though I've already installed vdsm) the
install fails because the vdsm install script is checking to see if the
host has virt capabilities; since I'm not running nested KVM, this
fails.  Is there a way to work around this can enable a VM to be a host
in oVirt?  I had heard in the past there was a way to create fake VMs
when attempting to do ovirt-engine stress testing, wondering if that
might be of help here.

Also, are their vdsm rpms built for RHEL6.x available?

Thanks!

--
Ryan Harper
IBM Corp., Austin, Tx