[Users] Hello All I am new to ovirt and have a question

Itamar Heim iheim at redhat.com
Thu Jan 19 20:48:07 UTC 2012

On 01/19/2012 08:57 PM, Dominic Kaiser wrote:
> Got a local storage node added.  Now my data center is ready.  Virtual
> machine is added can remote to it via spice in user portal but cdrom
> does not detect error 0003.  When I put in cdrom or usb it detects that
> something is there because the gui change disk is highlighted.  Is the
> cdrom a virtio device and that is why?

to mount an iso disk, you need to place it in the NFS iso domain (you
can attach same iso domain to multiple data centers).

iirc, the ovirt setup allows you to create an NFS ISO domain on the
engine itself, but you will still need to attach it to relevant data
centers.

you can use the iso uploader utility to make sure you upload it
correctly wrt permissions, folder, etc.

 > Also is the a way to import
> existing .img I have created before with virtmanager?

there is virt-v2v (mbooth) and image uploader (kroberts).
I think both are "close", but not sure they are up to this yet.