[Users] Host discovery failing due to host network being lost

Deepak C Shetty deepakcs at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Sat Jan 28 09:45:22 UTC 2012

> Hi,
>
> First, in order to understand the reason for bootstrap failures,
> please attach engine.log (ovirt-engine) and node logs (under
> /tmp/vds_bootstrap.log, vds_installer.log).
>
> Second, what you describe regarding the loss of network could derive
> from the following reasons:
> - host is configured with bonding - but bonding is not configured
> correctly.
> - NetworkManager interfere  with networking config.
> - bridge (ovirtmgmt) is not set to with any BOOTPROTO or ONBOOT.
>
> Please attach network scripts (ifcfg-eth0, ifcfg-ovirtmgmt) and
> /var/log/messages .

Hi,
     I forgot to backup the ifcfg-eth0 for ovirtmgmt but i think ONBOOT
was probably not there.
BTW, before i attach any files here, is there a way to remove the host
and re-discover it afresh ?
ovirt web gui does not give me any option to remove.. the Remove is
diabled and host is in Non Responsive state.
How do i remove and start from scratch and then i can try to see if i
can fix ifcfg-eth0 for ovirtmgmt ? Currently i am unable to remove the host.