[Users] oVirt console plans

Brown, Chris (GE Healthcare) Christopher.Brown at med.ge.com
Mon Jan 30 19:17:33 UTC 2012

I would agree with this assessment. Spice while nice is an issue with windows and older linux/etc guests as well.
A few issues until the qxl paravirtual guest drivers are in place in the guest:
- windows guests --> erratic mouse movement and controls = install via KBD and add drivers by hand/kbd
- fix for windows guests = use templates or load from images that have been syspreped or slipstreamed w/driver
- older linux guests = ? EX: custom spins or old 2.4 based stuff
- non linux guests bsd/solaris/android = ?

Just  my 2 cents, but VNC or vrdp(VirtualBox) has worked well with all of the above guests
when it concerns remote consoles.

- Chris