[Users] oVirt console plans

Yaniv Kaul ykaul at redhat.com
Mon Jan 30 19:30:53 UTC 2012

On 01/30/2012 09:17 PM, Brown, Chris (GE Healthcare) wrote:
> I would agree with this assessment. Spice while nice is an issue with windows and older linux/etc guests as well.
> A few issues until the qxl paravirtual guest drivers are in place in the guest:
> - windows guests -->  erratic mouse movement and controls = install via KBD and add drivers by hand/kbd

Not if you are running with client-side mouse (agent on the guest).

> - fix for windows guests = use templates or load from images that have been syspreped or slipstreamed w/driver

Using signed drivers I don't see an issue. Are you talking about using
non-signed QXL drivers?

> - older linux guests = ? EX: custom spins or old 2.4 based stuff
> - non linux guests bsd/solaris/android = ?

Agreed (unless people develop QXL for it as well).
I guess we should also see how we can improve the performance of Spice
without QXL drivers.
Y.