[Users] oVirt console plans

Brown, Chris (GE Healthcare) Christopher.Brown at med.ge.com
Tue Jan 31 15:24:46 UTC 2012

The issue I am getting at is at install time. Having the agent after the fact is fine for those guests to which it can be added.
However there are those guests where it still cannot be added at all even if an install can be done by hand/keyboard only (very painful).
This includes legacy linux guests, bsd guests or Solaris guest for example to which are still actively used by many for whatever reason (we do).
I look at this from the perspective of a power user or developer using the PuP to install a new development or test VM for example.
Not being able to interact with a guest mouse at install time for those users makes for a no go scenario.
I also look at the fact that VMware, and OVM (Ovirt/RHEV competitors) for example do not suffer this shortcoming (again keep in mind install time).
- Chris