[Users] Ovirt and gluster storage (two servers in a cluster)

Robert Middleswarth robert at middleswarth.net
Wed Jul 4 04:36:06 UTC 2012

On 07/04/2012 12:20 AM, зоррыч wrote:

> In what may be the reason for my situation?

I had the problem using Fedora 17 using native posix fs mode.

> In your blog, I have not found any articles on ovirt. Last post by
> date it11/17/2011

I am still finishing up my blog post I haven't posted it yet It is still
a draft.  Getting closer.  I am waking though the steps in a fresh
install to make sure I am not missing any steps.

> In any case, if my situation has been reproduced and you - a sign of a
> bug that needs to be identified and transferred to the correction of
> the developers.

When it was happening to me it looked like a locking problem.  Since I
was having other problems with Fedora 17 I rebuilt everything under
CentOS 6.2 with zero problems.  However I learned a few little tricks
that might have helped make it not happen.

> In what configuration you have installed gluster?

Both Posix FS (Native mode) and NFS using localhost:/volume format over
a 1G network.

> Its performance depends on the choice of operating modes.

In both cases provisioning was really slow.  I found the NFS ran better
of the two from research it was likely because NFS shares are by default
cached native gluster fs isn't.  However if you are using Fedora 17 with
the latest kernel and it is stable for you Posix FS is likely much
faster since fuse supports direct IO now.  Also a faster network could
make a real difference.

> Thanks for your help

Thanks
Robert