[Users] Deleting a snapshot of eight disks took more than fifteen minutes

Shu Ming shuming at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Tue Jul 3 08:48:35 UTC 2012

Is it reasonable?   I created snapshot1 and snapshot2 for the eight
disks and then tried to delete snapshot2.   And it took 15+ minutes to
finish the operation.

Here is the disk list:

my-vm1_Disk1          40 GB                           3 GB                                 data                   Thin Provision     VirtIO                  OK          2012-Jun-27, 13:24:01
my-vm1_Disk2         10 GB                            10 GB                               data                   Preallocated       VirtIO                  OK          2012-Jun-25, 23:19:00
my-vm1_Disk3          4 GB                              < 1 GB                             data                   Thin Provision     VirtIO                  OK          2012-Jun-26, 23:27:40
my-vm1_Disk4          3 GB                              3 GB                                data                   Thin Provision     VirtIO                  OK          2012-Jun-27, 13:24:01
my-vm1_Disk5          3 GB                              3 GB                                data                  Thin Provision     VirtIO                   OK           2012-Jun-27, 13:24:01
my-vm1_Disk6          4 GB                              4 GB                                data                  Thin Provision     VirtIO                   OK           2012-Jun-27, 13:24:02
my-vm1_Disk7          5 GB                              5 GB                                data                  Thin Provision     VirtIO                   OK          2012-Jun-27, 13:24:02
my-vm1_Disk8          6 GB                              6 GB                                data                  Thin Provision     VirtIO                   OK          2012-Jun-27, 13:24:02

--
Shu Ming <shuming at linux.vnet.ibm.com>
IBM China Systems and Technology Laboratory