[Users] Ovirt and gluster storage (two servers in a cluster)

Robert Middleswarth robert at middleswarth.net
Wed Jul 4 07:28:52 UTC 2012

On 07/04/2012 03:15 AM, Vijay Bellur wrote:
> On 07/04/2012 12:18 PM, Robert Middleswarth wrote:
>> I was just able to repeat the issue.  If you only have one node active
>> it will activate and work fine.  But if you have 2 or more hosts / nodes
>> it will just round robin though the hosts with each host contending on
>> each round.  I don't have that problem with NFS shares.
>
> Does mounting the volume fail when you have two nodes?
>
> -Vijay
No.  It will mount and activate for a few seconds then the 2nd host will
start contending for SPM.  Will become the SPM host then the 1st host
will start contending rise and repeat the data center is never up for
more then a few seconds.  If I put all hosts but one into maintenance
then the data center will become active and will work fine including
allowing me to start hosts but if I take the host out of maintenance
then all the hosts will fight for SPM and the datacenter will never
become active.

Thanks
Robert