[Users] HostNic Addition with IP Address

Rahul Upadhyaya rakrup at gmail.com
Thu Jul 5 12:00:25 UTC 2012

Hi Folks,

               I am facing issues while adding NIC with Static I.P. to host
using the oVirt Python-Bindings. There are two api's

                    1) HostNics.add :Here it requires binding param for
interface bonding as a compulsory param. I dont want to bond more than one
interfaces for a network while creating network each time.

                    2) HostNic.attach: This lets me attach the NIC but does
not let me put static IP address to it as soon as I add it. I am using a
workaround of updating the NIC with the IP information, but it requires me
to put all the hosts on maintenance and shut-down all the running VMs which
again is not the best way of doing it.

Is it not supported by the API that at the time of addition of the hostNIC
we can specify the IP address or is it something that I am missing ?
Also,I see that this operation is supported from the manager UI .

--
Regards,
Rahul